VP of Customer Success
Vice President of Customer Success
Our ideal candidate for the remote VP of Customer Success is passionate about driving value for customers, is experienced in growing and guiding a team of post-sales specialists, and has a consistent track record of success in a fast-growing B2B SaaS business.
The VP of Customer Success will work closely with the C-Suite, Strategy, Product, and Finance teams to deliver extraordinary customer service to our rapidly expanding customer base. You will have a solid knowledge of the account management process and a demonstrated track record of success in a startup environment.
- Reduce churn and develop the KPIs and KPI process for the customer success team
- Drive customer success outcomes
- Optimize the customer experience and life-cycle
- Standardize proactive outreach and interventions for various points in the journey
- Identify opportunities to encourage feedback loops and continuous improvement
- Provide strategic direction, development, and management of post-sales operations to drive quality and consistency
- Collaborate with other organizational leaders to incorporate customer needs and requests into our business objectives
- Implement procedural and structural changes across the department to take our operations to the next level
- Drive content development to shore up gaps in customer education and communication
- Develop a one- and two-year vision for the growth and development of the Customer Success team and create quarterly objectives with your team
- Demonstrate results across the Customer Success team through reduced churn, increased adoption increased net promoter score, and increased
net revenue retention
- Coach and mentor customer success team with timely feedback and developmental performance guidance
- Participate in weekly stand ups and team syncs
- Data-driven with a focus on process controls, big data, continuous engagement, ROI
- Experience with HubSpot or similar CRM
- Strong people management and leadership – not just delivering on expectations but inspiring your team to continue developing and growing
- Track record of scaling post-sales operations at other B2B SaaS companies, including Implementation, Customer Success, Customer Support, and people management for a team of up to 50 individuals
- Experience in change management and training a team to create effective roll-outs of new software
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Skilled team-player, with a proven ability to collaborate across all business functions
- Enthusiastic and creative leader, with the ability to inspire and cultivate others
- Excellent at communicating and presenting
- Natural at developing relationships and going the extra mile to delight customers
- Results-oriented and self-accountable, taking responsibility for your performance and that of your team
- Highly motivated and dynamic, thriving in fast-paced environments
- Growth-minded, embracing coaching and able to apply feedback immediately to improve performance; open to vulnerability, self-reflection, and candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Willing to engage in both high-level strategic planning and front-line operations
- True passion and empathy for customers
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years of full-cycle Customer Support at the executive management level
- 2+ years of customer success account management or leadership
- 1+ years of remote work experience
- Experience in SMB support structures
- Familiarity supporting a B2B model
- Experience in staffing models
- Experience in HR Tech
- SaaS Customer Support
- Familiarity with military demographics
- Familiarity with our software tools: HubSpot, Zoom, Google Suite, Trello, Slack
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position will have 3-4 direct reports.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is completely remote and requires the use of a computer. Please make an effort to work in a safe, quiet, ergonomic space to minimize any health hazards.
EEO and Harassment Statement
Instant Teams provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants, contractors, and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Instant Teams expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of Instant Teams’ contractors, employees, partners, customers, or any other people working with us in a professional capacity, to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Overtime may occasionally be required during high-volume periods. You will be notified ahead of time when there is an anticipation of overtime and made aware of which dates have been authorized. Overtime is only to be used with prior approval from a supervisor.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.