People Operations Manager
People Ops Manager
The remote People Operations Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and working closely with management in supporting assigned tasks. To succeed in this position, you’ll need to possess a high standard of ethics, proficiency in computers and HR technology, knowledge of human resources laws and regulations, and payroll/HRIS systems.
Ultimately, you’ll carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training implementation, performance management, onboarding administration, policy implementation, recruitment/employment advisement, and affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Implement and monitor department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures; reevaluate policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Annually review and make recommendations for improvement of organizational policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Analyze compensation and oversee the timely administration of performance evaluations.
- Conduct People Analytics on applicant, employee, and contractor demographics. Report data and trends monthly.
- Implement and analyze pulse polls and engagement surveys company-wide.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; maintain organizational charts and employee directory.
- Administer organizational compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Act as primary point-of-contact for employees and contractors on all HR matters, alongside the People Operations Coordinators.
- Manage issues of an escalated and/or sensitive level and work collaboratively with Customer Operations and the C-Suite team.
- Customer Service as a priority in HR interactions
- Data-driven mindset
- Cross-departmental skills
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Open to flex hours
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification
- Experience in HR Tech
- Experience in Staffing Models
- Masters degree in a related field
- Coursework in human resources or human capital management
- 1+ years of remote work experience
- Experience in SMB support structures
- Familiarity supporting a B2B model
- Experience in staffing models
- Experience in HR Tech
- SaaS Customer Support
- Familiarity with military demographics
- Familiarity with our software tools: HubSpot, Zoom, Google Suite, Trello, Slack
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is completely remote and requires the use of a computer. Please make an effort to work in a safe, quiet, ergonomic space to minimize any health hazards.
EEO and Harassment Statement
Instant Teams provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants, contractors, and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Instant Teams expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of Instant Teams’ contractors, employees, partners, customers, or any other people working with us in a professional capacity, to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Overtime may occasionally be required during high-volume periods. You will be notified ahead of time when there is an anticipation of overtime and made aware of which dates have been authorized. Overtime is only to be used with prior approval from a supervisor.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.